At PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd., our name is also our vision.
Through defensive driver education, we teach individuals to stay both safe and aware, promoting lifelong skills to drive accident free. We are a locally owned and operated business in the Prince George region, and remain a popular choice for drivers new and old alike. Together, Christopher Schulz, Corea Anderson, Christina Iliopulos, Leah Scott and Tom Townrow have more than 40 years’ experience teaching drivers of all ages with diverse skill levels. Thank you for your interest in our Programs.
We are pleased to offer several types of training to fit your Corporate needs.
From safety and driving refreshers or tutorials to classroom sessions and lessons, we will consult with your business to create programs that suit employers and employees alike.
It is common for experienced drivers to develop poor driving habits over time. Teaching new habits and providing a refresher for skills is a necessity. It is important for companies to instill a safe workplace, both in and out of the office, and while their employees are on the road in a variety of seasonal conditions. Knowing what do if an emergency should arise is important, as is driving in a manner consistent with a company’s expectations of safety.
We offer several types of Programs:
- Classroom Training
- One on One In-Car Instruction
- Combination of Both
There’s a great benefit to doing both in-car and in-classroom training: the comprehensiveness allows your team to refresh and improve both their knowledge base and technical skills. In-classroom sessions consist of a 60-minute presentation with an additional time for Q&A and can accommodate up to 30 participants. In-car sessions consist of 1-hour long lessons (as many as necessary) and can be customized to fit the specific outcome that you are looking for, or can provide a general overview. You may arrange to have training completed in your work vehicles, provided all Students have a Class 5 driver’s license.
Lessons can be completed during any season. Spring and Autumn offer transitional weather conditions, as ice and snow give way to potholes, gravel covered pavement, lack of lane markings and cooler temperatures overnight; or in the case of Autumn, wet leaves, black ice, freezing rain, and falling snow. Winter presents its own challenges with snow, ice and poor road conditions, covered lane markings, and cold temperatures. Summer is often the easiest time of year to drive but congestion, limited vision from smoke or smog, and longer trips can still cause issues.
Please Note: Corporate rates are evaluated after a discussion surrounding your needs. Any package booked for 10 or more students will be offered at a 5% discount if sessions are booked 3+ months in advance. Contact Us for a free consultation.
CORPORATE PROGRAM POLICIES
1. The client will receive a schedule of all lessons that have been booked on their behalf before the commencement of any lessons. If the client is booking several sessions throughout the workday, they can schedule a block of time when sessions are to be taught. We ask that we are provided with a list of Client names prior to Sessions taking place.
2. We will provide an agreement that includes prices and policies. For the benefit of both parties, we require that the said agreement be signed prior to the commencement of Sessions.
3. We are a SCENT FREE Please ensure that all Students know to not wear body sprays or colognes on days Sessions occur due to severe instructor allergies. Please ensure that all Students refrain from smoking immediately prior to lessons. We reserve the right to cancel and charge for lessons if Students smell of smoke or scents.
4. Payment for lessons is to be processed by Credit Card online, or by Cheque. Please make cheques payable to “PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd”. Payment is due within 21 Days of Sessions commencing. A 2% charge is due for any late payments. We will invoice the Client at the time of booking.
5. Refunds: Please be advised that we require a minimum 2-week notice from Corporate Clients if lessons are to be changed or canceled. If Sessions need to be canceled for any reason, within the 2-week window, we will charge 50% of the initial rate quote, plus applicable taxes.
6. All lessons will take place in a PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. vehicle, provided the Client has not made other arrangements with us prior to the commencement of training. Our vehicles are equipped with dual brakes, secondary mirrors, and correct signage. We can provide lessons in a Client’s work vehicle, provided they have a Class 5 driver’s license. We are not permitted to teach in a Class 1 type vehicle.
7. Instructor Discretion: PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. Instructors reserve discretion to cancel a lesson if they deem the Client is being abusive, aggressive or otherwise confrontational before or during a Session.
8. Should lessons need to take place outside of Prince George, there will be additional fees for travel expenses, travel time, accommodation and a per diem for meals.