PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. is committed to teaching students the skills necessary to drive safely, responsibly, and defensively in a comfortable and respectful environment. We offer a variety of driving lessons in Prince George, with our most popular packages being those in the Graduated Licensing Program (GLP). The GLP includes both in-car and in-classroom instruction, comprehensively teaching students the lifelong skills to drive accident free. The length of the course allows students to learn throughout a number of seasons with unique driving conditions, provides students with two grade 11 high school credits, and reduces the student’s Class 7N (Novice Stage) by 6 months (if they drive prohibition and accident-free over the course of their Novice Stage.) We also have Custom Tailored Lesson Packages that provide the flexibility for specialized driving instruction. Packages normally range from 2 to 18 lessons. For more guidance on which package to select, please see our Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us to find the best fit.
GLP Classroom Sessions for 2019:
Spring Session – April 5th (6:00pm-9:15pm), 6th & 7th (9:00am-4:30pm)
Summer Session – July 19th (6:00pm-9:15pm), 20th & 21st (9:00am-4:30pm)
Fall Session – November 15th (6:00pm-9:15pm), 16th & 17th (9:00am-4:30pm)
Things to Know About Driving Lessons in Prince George
- You’ll be learning from professional, experienced, ICBC certified (and just generally awesome to be around) instructors.
- All packages except for the 1-lesson and 4-lesson packages include the use of car for the Road Test.
- Road Test lessons are two hours in length: 1-hour warmup + use of car for test.
- In spring and summer months we regularly book a minimum of one month in advance. Remember to leave ample time for lessons and a Road Test. When building the instruction schedule for a student, we also include the Road Test date and book it with ICBC on behalf of the student (unless the package doesn’t include a road test) – if you’ve already scheduled a Road Test, please let us know when registering.
- Prior to a Driver Training School booking a Road Test on behalf of a student, the student must provide his or her consent for the school to book a Road Test on the student’s behalf and disclose personal information about that student to ICBC for the purpose of booking a Road Test. Please read this ICBC Student Consent and Release Form which the student will be required to sign.
- If a student is not successful on their first ICBC Road Test attempt, all GLP Packages and any Custom Tailored Lesson Packages of 14 or more lessons include one complimentary Warm-Up and the use of a PG Driving For Life Academy Car for a second test, OR a single one hour refresher prior to a second test, schedule permitting.
- If paying by cheque, all payments are due via post-dated cheques at the beginning of the first in-car or in-class lesson (whichever comes first). If paying by cash or e-transfer, payments will be allotted to specific lesson dates. PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. reserves the right to cancel lessons if payments have not been made. Any cheques returned NSF will be charged a $30 fee, per missed payment, and new payments must be made in cash. We do have Payment Plans available for a $30 fee or take credit card if paying in full.
- All GLP Packages and the 18-lesson and 14-lesson Custom Tailored Packages are eligible for our Payment Plans ($30 fee). Any Custom Tailored Lesson Packages of 10 lessons or less can be divided into smaller payments if you require further arrangements to be made.
- Our prices include GST and are subject to change without notice. We will honor any rates for one month from initial quote. ICBC fees are the responsibility of the student and not included in our prices.
- PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. Instructors reserve discretion for multiple road test bookings if a student is identified as being unlikely to pass due to lack of practice, 2 or more missed appointments or any external circumstances not related to PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. instruction. We also reserve the right to deny a student use of our vehicles for testing prior to the first ICBC Road Test if we believe the student will not pass. Please refer to FAQ’s for further information about driving lessons in Prince George.
Based on Price of Package
- Available upon request
- Great gift for birthdays, holidays, or other special occasions!
PG Driving For Life Academy Ltd. is pleased to offer several types of training to fit your Corporate needs. From winter skills to safety and driving refreshers or tutorials and classroom sessions, we are pleased to consult with businesses to create programs that suit employers and employees alike. Corporate rates are evaluated at the time of assessment.
Customized / Special Programs:
We are pleased to offer special programs and customized instruction for students facing specific challenges. Please Contact Us to discuss further.
“Recently, I reached out to Chris to see if he would be willing to assist me in facilitating client’s back to driving after serious motor vehicle accidents. I have been contracting Chris as part of a graduated exposure program for clients to improve their independence and comfort in driving activities. He has been an integral part of my client’s functional rehabilitation and they have been incredibly impressed with his supportive and patient approach. In addition, Chris is wonderful to deal with professionally; always courteous, responds promptly and provides invoices/reports in a timely manner. It has been a real pleasure working with Driving For Life and I envision a long, working relationship together in the future.Please Note: The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer or professional body.”
– Kristina McKenzie, Occupational Therapist
Supporting Our Community
“Giving is the Difference, that makes the Difference”
We created a Financial Award with UNBC!
The award is available for past and current PG Driving For Life Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate program at UNBC. One award of $500 will be given per UNBC Awards Competition based on the following eligibility:
Available to a full-time undergraduate student in satisfactory academic standing. Applicants must be past or present students of the PG Driving For Life Academy who have completed 6 or more lessons. If you’re interested and fit the criteria, please email D4L(at)shaw(dot)ca for a letter confirming your eligibility (it will need to be submitted with your application).
Share with your friends/family who go to UNBC so they can apply!
Check http://www.unbc.ca/financial-aid for updated information on when the award applications open!